P.W.N. People Writing Nonsense!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) Empty
PostSubject: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:39 pm

So this is in response to Yuliya failing to capture the essence of popcorn....
And I am sorry for not writing enough. Solution? Challenge me. Give me prompts. I will write prompts if you give them to me.

Popcorn

You start small, one kernel among many. Dumped unceremoniously into the Great Tin Pot, you begin to feel the heat. Others around you twitch and jump uncontrollably as the pot shakes. You feel yourself straining at the edges. Becoming bloated. Quivering. Convulsing, until POP you burst at the seams and join your compatriots cavorting around the small enclosure. And it becomes smaller still, as others burst at the seams. Smaller, cosier, suffocating, slowly more and more claustrophobic as your peers press upon you, forcing you to the bottom of the heap where you sit, helpless, soaking in salty yellow liquid and you don’t even want to KNOW what’s in it, but it coats you; and then gradually you feel yourself moving upwards, carried along by the tide of your contemporaries and wait! Is that light? The lid gives way, forced open by the wave of white, and you spill over the side, falling far down to a soft landing. Again, surrounded by others like you. How long will this go on? You’re engulfed once more as another waterfall floods this only marginally larger space, gushing down from the Pot above you. Surrounded. No light. Little air, not that you need any. Constant movement, pushed this way and that, until suddenly the movement is continuous, unidirectional, and you feel a cold metal surface beneath you. You fall, again, into yet another small space. Smothered again. A warm liquid drips through those piled above you, soaking into your skin and making you limp at the edges. Movement, again – up, down, sideways, shake-shake-shake… never ending. And then – your last pilgrimage. Soft pink fingers pick you from the bunch. Finally! Alone. No longer stifled by the presence of others, free to be yourself– a wet fleshy mass touches your extremities. What fresh hell is this. The great muscley tip carries you away from the fresh, freeing air into a tepid cavern. You spy fragments of your compatriots lodged on white enamel, and there’s just time to register disgust when– crunch.

PS, I wrote this in maybe 20 minutes, before and after going to karate, and it is not revised. I wanted to get it up here.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Mmm. I can feel the chaos.
Cavorting. Great diction.
Bloated. Convulsing -- grotesque, but really effective imagery.
EEEW. Salty yellow liquid... >.>
LOL "what fresh hell is this".
Tepid. MOAR ORGASMIC DICTION.
Wheeee.
I LOVE THE ENDING. Crunch. Fitting. Comic, but still gruesome...

I wanted to get it up here
Oh you did, didn't you?

Sorry. >.>

You said sex first.
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Pfffffftahahahahaha. Angela.

SEXSEXSEXSEXSEX. Let's just get it out of our systems so we can have rational conversations...

erm. >.>

And yes, diction is love, and my thesaurus is my best friend Very Happy

But not sure I'll ever be able to look at popcorn the same again. >.<
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Why would you want rational conversations when this is so fun?
ANGELA, WOW! I'll leave it at that. And you don't need to know I'm wiping tears out of my eyes.

Katie = AWESOME.
I feel smitten, destroyed, crushed by your brilliance.
LOVED the tie-ins of alliteration amidst the chaos. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:10 pm

And I meant smitten.

And I love your diction within this.
I feel shamed at not knowing the full process of a popcorn's journey.
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 pm

I tried :] and thank you. This was more what I had in mind. (Hence why I should probably have written it in the first place? Instead of asking others to write it for me.)
Also, I actually have discovered that I really like alliteration.... So I actually almost made an effort to put it in.

And Yuliya - my thoughts exactly re. Angela. I laughed. So much. But I wasn't aware we were capable of this much (and especially of this kind) irrational thought. (Well. I knew I was.)
But you're brilliant too Smile
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 pm

(What can I say, I love popcorn.

Although as I mentioned it may be an awkward relationship from hereon in, thanks to you two.)
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 pm

heeheehee

you Luuuuve popcorn.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Sorry. It's late, I'm sick (it's March break, so my body went down as usual), and I swear Angela started it, and I'm still laughing.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Wait... what was so funny?
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Also: I think we're all normal deep down. We just like to hide it beneath layers of ludicrousy. =D

Yuliya, what kind of tears? Joy? Shame? Horror?

I actually don't like popcorn that much.
I like sex though.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Original post on this thread, lines 10 and 11.
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Haha. It is late. But I can't tear myself away from the forum, because this is tooooo entertaining.

And feel better soon please? I know what it's like to crash because you have "time off". It's not fun.

Angela. You're funny.
(Funny lookin'!!)

Lateness is not good for me >.>

I like popcorn Smile But sex is probably better. Less salty Wink
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 pm

I can't speak for everyone, but all the voices in MY head are protesting strongly against the 'we're all normal deep inside' proposition.

rabbit

Tears of laughter.

I've had popcorn at maybe 10% of my movie-goings, and at no time outside of watching a movie. I don't like it. So I thought it'd be fun to write about it as if I did. And maybe I overdid that a SHADE. hee hee. But this maks me see it in a whole new way.
And I second Angela's last 2 lines.
And Katie's last.

You're like the voices in my head, telling me what I think, but you're REAL!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Ahhhh but you see, the key point you are missing is that being not normal is in fact normal, and thus we are all normal.

I've had popcorn at perhaps 95% of my movie-going ventures. And frequently enough outside of watching movies to make up for the missing 5%. Since we're doing percentages.

Don't you love it when the voices in your head come to life and speak to you through your computer?!
I know I am Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:45 pm

HEY, the voices inside my head take great offence. They are not mere mongrels, coming to life only within weird forum threads. They are leading their own happy lives thank you very much, and one of them is wearing a tux and searching for popcorn.

Hey, at least on the date, you don't have to waste money at a restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 pm

:[ *self-confidence takes a nose dive*
reallyyy.... you think so....?

Mm. Better for health. Unless you get an STD, in which case sodium is probably a safer alternative.

Good. Good tears then.
Very Happy LOL. I like your last line.

AND HOLY SHIT WE'RE ANALYZING THE LITERARY MERIT OF OUR REAL CONVERSATIONS GUYS. TOO. MUCH.

I always thought the voices in my head would belong to prettier people. Razz JOKING.

Depends on how manly your date is. Equal rights is really screwing gallantry up.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 pm

I avoid popcorn at movies. Very Happy I always get something else.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Is it because you have commitment issues, or just find it generally unattractive? Wink
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Ummm. What date are we talking about? I am in the dark.
I want a date. With popcorn. AND tuxedoes. And popcorn wearing tuxedoes? I think that would satisfy allll my needs.

And also why did your self-confidence nose-dive. Was it something I said? :'(

And contrary to the both of you, I am quite pleased with these manifestations of the voices in my head. Usually they are just angrier and dirtier-minded versions of myself.

STDs are bad. But we all know the solution Smile

And witty witty Yuliya. Quick on the draw, there.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:02 am

Popcorn?
What?
Commitment issues? How do you know about those?
;]

>.> Intellectually, I'm probably the slowest one here.

Oh. Funny looking. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:03 am

That would taste icky though. Tuxedos... liquorice. Eew. Butter and popcorn and licorice? I can't spell. fuuuuck.
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 am

So. Confused.

Where did the liquorice come from?!
(I dislike liquorice. And that is how you spell it, I checked.)
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 am

Oh. Tuxedo colors = black and white liquorice.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:08 am

I think the nose-dive was due to the normalcy/subnormalcy issues

And why thank you, Katie, you are very kind.

We've made popcorn sound so attractive. Now all my voices have donned tuxedoes and got themselves torpedoes and say 'you gotta read those'. And MY! you are all weird (see what I did there?)
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:10 am

No. Not really. Razz

Anyways. I'm calling it a day.

TOO ADDICTING.

NIGHT you two.

I will be back tomorrow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Blue Box

The Blue Box

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 am

Oh. Don't worry Angela. You are very normal.
:B

I know, I know, I'm so lovely Smile (What did I do?)

No. I do not see what you did there.

Darn it all. I need to go sleep.
I'm sorry. I must leave you. it is tragic, I know. Continue sexy popcorn&liquorice conversations without me so that I might read them when I arise.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 am

liquorice?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.

I'm the slowest at typing, which proves a problem.

Commitment issues to popcorn = not fun. Especially inside a black hole.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

NOOOO! You two must READ other link.

A goodnight present to both.
Back to top Go down
Owle Gray

Owle Gray

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 am

Ahhh well. I'm all alone. I can entertain myself. And there's always popcorn.

Oh, why not:
LOLSEXSEXSEXSEXLOL.

I'm going, too. I need the rest more than either of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)   Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt) Empty

Back to top Go down

Popcorn (a kind of inanimate object prompt)
Page 1 of 1