P.W.N. People Writing Nonsense!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-01-22

ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue Empty
PostSubject: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:23 pm

P R O L O G U E
Hope is the denial of the stark reality we wish not to perceive as real.

Hope Upon Imaginings

OUR LIFE WOULD BE CHANGED.

Forever.

It seemed not long ago, when one could walk in the sun. Safe. Now, it’s been proven highly impossible. The only fate that sunlight holds for us is death. Only the darkness is secure enough nowadays. Quiet and never betraying those hunted by the beings that walk in the sun’s dazzling rays, that’s our future. The light currently holds no safety, no shelter from those that seek us.

During the year 2022, science, biotechnology and all technology reached a whole entire new level of research and expertise. The miraculous breakthrough that would lead us into a new era of learning, experience, mystery and wonder, the very wonder that would astonish the world forever, the Psyche Generation Era (or PGE for short).

The dawning of a new era, a fragile advent era, where psychic powers and the supernatural and paranormal became a commonplace in the world, due to the miraculous discovery of the high extrasensory abilities that were unlocked from deep within the human mind. Scientists discovered apart of the brain that was asleep, dormant for so many years, and reawakened it.

It became known as the Unlocking.

Soon many possibilities that weren’t possible before soon became possible in an instant. Thus people became gifted in high extrasensory abilities. In next to no time, paranormal events became clearer than they ever did. They became explainable.

It would be the one miraculous breakthrough that would curse those who would be ruthlessly sought after by the secretive, shadowy organization known as Obscure. The hunted would soon become identified across the world would cast off titles such as the Survivors and Rebels, branded as the enigmatic Mavericks.

Fortunately for us, these events would not happen until about a hundred years passed by.
Obscure will stop at nothing until every last one of us Mavericks are captured and under their control and following their regulations. Therefore, we must run. Scamper, scurry and dash until we cannot anymore. Nevertheless, we must escape from their clutches, if we are ever to have any hope of finding the truth.

The real truth. The truth about everything.

But, this wasn’t what caused the world to go mad.

No, that wouldn’t come until much later. Much, much later.

WHEN THE YEAR 2072 CAME ABOUT, several decades have passed since the Unlocking that led to humans wielding supernatural powers of different calibres. Many unique divisions existed for the Psyche Abilities or rather just Psyche. Many different abilities existed and each had different uses and levels. There are many unknowns that there are knowns, except perhaps, there’s more unknowns than there are knowns.

Yet, they lost it.

They lost the secret to the Unlocking. Lost forever, they say in the news, never to return to our hands. The Unlocking Era had stopped suddenly in a blink of an eye that no one really believed it. Still, they denied that the Unlocking had vanished, and that it lived on. People believed the scientists were keeping for themselves, then people began to believe what had happened. The inevitable had occurred…the Unlocking became nothing but another lost art of science. A mere memory that was best to be forgotten.

Or so they thought…

That was about the year 2077 when it happened. The Unlocking had virtually ceased to be. Nothing but a passing dream of sheer highly developed and complex evolution of mankind, which was broken, as quickly as it came. Within the next couple of years, mankind would start to forget, but the normal human beings began to restore, itself, branching away from the advanced humans that were embedded and bestowed with Psyche powers.

Now, I’m getting ahead of myself.

In the year 2113, about fifteen years before I was born, one did not think or expect what would occur. An unspeakable chain of events would shake the very planet to its core. Within several months, our once peaceful world was turned upside down. My heart still beats far more quickly than it once did. Fear is everywhere. And yet, we mustn’t panic. The world would not end. Not yet. Even though, hope is almost lost, a small glimmer of hope still remains. The world would not end while there was still hope left. Not while we still lived and breathed. The world would not dare end with us. Not yet.

A war would rage on, as it had did in the past decades, would suddenly lash out at other neutral countries. Shock and utter horror stroked the planet. Very soon the world would once again plunged into war with itself once more.

World War III.

It began ten years before I was born. Within the five years prior to the war, many things began to spiral downwards. Soon, war was the only answer.

Nuclear weapons had been banned completely, luckily for us.

Everything is a blur to me. Gaps and holes flooded my memories, protecting myself from the horrible truth. Even though I wasn’t yet born. I have the face of war and videos and seen pictures regarding the Great Third War.

The defensive mechanisms of my brain activated, causing total amnesia. I was glad, and yet dejected about it. By perchance, it had made me oblivious to the unimaginable horrors that this situation has brought us to this undesirable result. I never knew how violent we humans could be, well…sure, I did know, but oh how I wish I’ve never saw or experience these brief instances that would never escape my mind. Buried deep in my memories at the back of my mind and thoughts, always threatening to reappear, they exist solely to torture me. Thus the holes and gaps continue to grow. Amnesia was highly welcomed to give me peace of mind. And it did.

Believing that was our fate, until they appeared. The ones known as Obscure.

Obscure, an organization that suddenly appeared one day about five years into the mad war and stopped it without a single moments’ hesitation. Stunning the world utterly in a bended mix of shock and awe, they quickly became the world’s chosen saviours. Without any moment’s doubts or uncertainties, they were highly regarded as the saviours of our time. Everyone knew why.

In shock of how quickly they dispersed the war.

In awe of the power they beheld to the world.

However, Obscure still remains a clear mystery to the world. Obscure, an exceedingly cautious organization that would soon be in conflict with the ever enigmatic Mavericks. Unknown to many of us, they continue to elude us of their secrets and top-secret labs and institutions. Hence its name. Concealed from our very sight, understanding and presence, ever vigilant of our existence, they will not give up.

Neither will we.

APART FROM HAUNTING OUR DREAMS and hunting us down, they remain a complete mystery to our clan of twenty-nine individuals. Well, we weren’t related, just that we’ve lived with each other for so long, we had gotten used to each other. Quite close, I must say. Like family, almost to that extent, but it sure felt like it. Thus we became a clan. Or a faction, in some cases.

After all, we were at war.

Matt would have suggested the ideas and thoughts.

My overprotective older brother by about six years, Matthew Stewart (a.k.a. Matt), was a proud twenty-one year old young man. He was born and had lived through the end of the war. He had seen the face of war, himself. Clever and quick, he never missed a thing. Sharp as a tack, people tell me. I could only smile, since it was true. He used to go to Sanctuary High with me. And he was in university then too. Gifted, they say.

Sigh.

I miss that majestic building and Matt’s wily remarks. But that was gone now, both Matt and the school, which now laid in ruins, well, most of it. I still fondly remember those days, waking up to something familiar, not to something where every decision could get you caught or killed. A world where you had to live and survive, not that horrid reality, to wake up to, but in the end, it did become my reality. It’s my ghastly reality now.

The five grand buildings still stand, but since they still patrol those areas, we dare not enter, linger or stay around there. Always moving, always on the move, no matter what we’re always on the run. Always going to another place, away from the threat, in which they continue to stalk us.

It has long become a habit now.

Wanderers, knowing full well that we are outsiders, doomed to walk the Earth.

Travellers with no place to call home.

Survivors, ones who had survived a great tragedy.

Power Users, just wanting a life without constant fear and unnecessary deaths.

That is what we are truly called. That’s what we are. Maverick is just a title of our faction. Our group of belonging in this ruined world. Forever, separating us, the so-called rebels from them, the ever-so-greedy saviours of our time. Labelling us rebels, as someone that can threatened their order. Someone, who can stop them in their greedy quest for power.

It wasn’t always like this now. I still remember when he came for me. I truly believed that he was trying to ruin my life, instead of believing him. I’ve caused him so much pain and so much misfortune. Still my mind reels at the thought of not living a ‘normal’ life, oblivious to the danger that surrounded me. He still came despite that danger. He still saved me, despite my protests. He still did it, for me. He saved me. It’s been almost two years since he rescued me.

He saved me.

I didn’t believe him before, denying his words. I was ignorant of the world beyond his words. Clearly oblivious to the truth that clouds our judgements and our planet. Before knowing that, I believed that everyone didn’t care about anyone. I was alone, even with Matt.

I was so alone. So was he.

And I completely ignored it. Therefore, I must believe him from now on! It’s the only way for both of us to survive. We must believe in each other. It’s the only way we can survive, believing in ourselves. First of all I’ll tell you everything up to this point, then I’ll let our story unfold in its own way.

In the gaps and holes in my memory, he began to appear in my dreams. Strange dreams that only I would have, the dreams of myself lost in an abandoned city with no inhabitants whatsoever. Wandering alone in the empty city those late lonely hours with no one to count on, no one to see and meet with, I would be completely alone. No one else has them.

Only me.

I thought it was simply a coincidence that he appeared there in my dreams. Two different versions of himself, two different personalities, he was different, perhaps it was two different people but with the same face and appearance? I think not. Still dreams cannot be real. Whether it was a simple coincidence or not, it worried me greatly, but in the end, I was wrong, very so wrong about everything...

In the very instant, I took his battle-worn hand, was the moment that gripped me with utter dread. I would never return to the once peaceful life I thought I had led. It was all for naught. Somehow, I knew, things would never be the same again. From a seemingly quiet high school tomboy in grade 9 to a tomboy that would see far too much in a short period of time. The truth that Obscure had so very carefully concealed from our wary eyes, their war with the enigmatic rebels known as the Mavericks.

Sometimes, I would dream of the life I once had, the one I that had left behind. Only to awaken up to the cruel world I had been thrust into, the one I live in now. The one I would probably never escape from. No one can escape from reality.

Not even me.

The bitter truth would hit me hard every time. The hidden tears that held and bottled up deep inside me would well up inside me, flowing endlessly from deep wound in my heart. The tears coming and my jade green eyes full to the brim, I would cry silently, until someone came by. Wiping them away, I would not show my weakness. I would not dare show those tears to anyone, never again, not anymore. Not even Matt knows these tears. Sworn to the high heavens, I did, never would I show it to anyone undeserving. Knowing full well that these worthless tears of mine do not deserve anyone’s pity or compassion, I move on.

You cannot change the past, but you could change the future. A rather familiar yet rare saying nowadays, I would often remind myself of that saying. It seemed so long ago. Hope is fast escaping our minds, but there’s still hope left. We mustn’t let them win. We mustn’t give up hope, not yet.

Last edited by Traverse Writer on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:32 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 pm

- PART TWO -

THERE ARE STILL MANY THINGS I do not know about. But I’ll try my best to understand everything I’m told. Our world has rapidly changed so swiftly. Only the capitals are safe enough to hold them or at least the high ranking officials. Tokyo, Beijing, Ottawa, London, Paris, Moscow, Rome, Athens, Washington D.C., Berlin, Cairo, Copenhagen, Buenos Aires… Those are only a few capitals that are swarming with Obscure members but are unsure.

No, we are highly certain.

They almost solely control the government now, using them as puppets. Since the disappearances of the inhabitants of cities, towns, villages, ports and so on, the government has almost completely lost the nerve. Police, army, navy, even the FBI and special armed forces from each country have begun to lose the will. Obscure members are slowly becoming the army, police, navy and special forces now. Yet, they still exist, Humans, ones that are oblivious to what is really happening.

The most feared agents of Obscure are and always will be the Obsoletes. Soldiers created to do only Obscure’s bidding. Their agendas are carefully hidden. They are the elite agents of Obscure. Obscure members are not ones to anger. Terrible thing I have heard. I’ve heard of terrible things about them. Rumours such as they may seem nice but merciless in battle against their enemies, only selected few are picked to be highly respected and obeyed amongst them.

It seems nothing is highly certain about Obscure, only what we know and have seen. The world is not the once peaceful place we knew. Changed forever by the overwhelming quest for power and greed, if this continues everything will be lost…forever.

We’ll soon have no life. Nor will we have a future…to look on or forward to.

ONLY MEMORIES, SWEET FADING MEMOIRS of the fragile undisturbed life we once had. The end of the world nears. Soon memories will be all we have left. Naught but a passing dream, a dream that we are afraid of waking from. Reveries that will cloud the mind, leaving far behind nothing of the terrible things we have waken to, but quiet stillness.

The last composer of our time has come forth.

We’ll soon hear the sound of battle, of war, sadness, happiness, and stillness. And yet the dying sky still yearns for blood. The very blood that will be spilt on the field of war, it is coming. It shall soon begin. Sorrow and regret will follow from the very struggle that hold the planet’s fate in our hands. The heavens will weep and the sunsets will sadly sigh as the sunrises holds its silent breathe. The fragile flower waits patiently for the hesitating rain, even if it never does fall. The never-ending night waits for the new waning day, the tomorrow that may never come.

I know.

The day I met him face-to-face in real life, not just in the dreams, perhaps sealed my fate. The very fate I would have to accept. A tragic but brave fate that I am not afraid of accepting. He didn’t have much of a choice either. Our choices would decide where we stood in this hidden war. And either of us weren’t ready for what was come. The worse is still to come. We just don’t know that yet. That’s what makes the future so dangerous.

The price of freedom comes with a heavy price to bare. I only hope it wasn’t too much. Alas, we are still uncertain. Hanging on to fading memories and dying words seems to bring us some peace of mind somehow. I never knew how torn between all this we both would be—no, how all of us would be. Never seeing your families or relatives again or friends that you could trust and believe in. The sad reality of ours scares me so.

If we are to stop this war, we must push forth and never forget all the sacrifices that were made. They will not be in vain. I still remember who they were quite fondly to keep their memory alive. Although it pains me so, to think of such sad things in which cannot be taken back once they have been made. Some were our own allies, others innocent bystanders and lastly the ones who we are forced to exchange blows, our enemies.

We all bleed the same blood. We are human in everyway possible, even if we are not considered to be humans. Emotions are all very real. We all cry, we all smile when we are enjoying ourselves and laugh when we’re happy, we all scream in times that anger us, we all feel. We shouldn’t forget that.

In war, there are no victories, only casualties and deaths that are unnecessary. I still cry for them deeply. Remembering everything I have to go by them. Their words still echo deeply in my heart. Although, apart of me is not of this world, I still feel very human. Such violence I try to suppress in my heart, but sometimes it gets a hold of me, expelling such anger.

But we all exist. We all are alive on this world. When I realised what I really was, I realised I could possibly threaten the whole world. I could lead the world to its sheer destruction… I was the key that both sides were searching for.

Before I knew it, I was in danger.

Grave danger.

Last edited by Traverse Writer on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Delrez

Delrez

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:05 pm

This is good. It's a little vague about the characters, but I assume that will be filled in later.
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:29 pm

I know its pretty vague, but its only the prologue, with her telling the reader what has happened in her life so far. She basically updating the reader what has happened in the world. Information wise, really. I was thinking perhaps the name of the story could be called Final Reminisce.

It seems to suit it for now. I have to see if this one makes it. Meaning if I actually finish writing it... But I've made it to chapter 12 now.
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: First Words   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:26 pm

***Note***

I wasn't sure whether to put this in or not, but what the heck... It may explain a few things from my perpective, I guess I could call it that.... I really don't know.

By The Way:

My penname is Ash Boettger to let you know.... Very Happy

FIRST WORDS
A new world depicted in suffering… Which side shall you choose?

DEAR READER

Shadows overlay the soft light.

The sky is distant and far, yet hazy blue. The future is uncertain. The skies are greyer than usual. It’s the sky of a future gone wrong. The simple times gone, completely, as summers with no children playing happily, go by. Years have gone by without a word.

That time has ended.

Yet, this story is not mine to tell.

I’m merely relating it in this book, a struggle I could not even imagine. A violent struggle that changed my perspective in many ways. Now, I’m not saying this story is not true. To me it is, as the way the world goes on each day, crimes escalating and wars nearly bubbling to break out. Guns are fired and children caught in the middle of it all.

I am Ash Boettger.

I am a writer, a novelist, a…storyteller.

To escape into a world of betrayal, where survival is greatly needed, where forgiveness is not easily granted, to where trust is rarely given, a broken war-torn world, a place that has long lost its light, a fading world, soon to lose everything, that is what this story is about.

I have many people to think of and to thank. My mom, and my family, to everyone, especially, to friends and relatives who have waited patiently for something to devour reading. I can only hope this story meets those standards.

And without further delay, I give leave you in the hands of young Jaden Stewart, a tomboy who lives in this world, a very different world than ours, yet similar in many ways, at least, that is what I believe.

But alas, I am but a storyteller, not a scholar of some kind.

Many thanks and smiles from,

Ash Boettger

I hope that ain't tooo cheesy or something.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Hey, another update.

FINAL REMINISCE
ELECTUS (Chosen)

That's the name of the first book. I'm planning on a second book if written. If it comes through. It'll be called "AGITO" which means , "to put in to motion". Although it should have been the title of the first book, but it wasn't working at all.... Which annoyed me greatly.

I hope you guys look forward to the rest of the story. It's getting quite INTERESTING the part I'm writting. Heh heh... Twisted Evil There maybe few unsuspecting surprises in store for you guys.

But please, enjoy the story! Very Happy That's all I ask.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Okay.... I have a few questions.

How many storylines are you working on? I'm sort of confused as to what is what now... ><
Maybe if you could put up a list with short synopsis for me?

Asides from that, a quick glance at this has reminded me of my own novel Obsolete... I can name quite a few similarities. ;] We clearly think alike, don't we?
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Oh, that. heh heh...

About that, well, I wanted it too be mysterious-like. Hence Obscure, then the foot soldiers and the followers and such became Obsoletes (sorry, it was inspirational for me. XD So, I kinda couldn't help it. Plus, it had to begin with an "O". Sorry if it's copying in anyway. If you like, I'll think of another name. Although the name Obsoletes kind of stuck for me. But I'm willing to change it if it makes you upset or uneasy about it.).

And yes, I guess you can say we both inspire each other in various ways. Everyone's ideas sort of rub off on me into my own version, whether its personalities for characters or such. Keeps me widely interested and inspirational.

Don't worry. This is the same thingy I've been working on since January. Sorry! ^^;

Just titles keep on changing on me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Nah. I guess it's okay. I'm sort of flattered.

Just... I suppose there is a line to be drawn -- where inspiration becomes too muddled with actually stealing ideas. There's nothing wrong with being open to new ideas, you just have to be careful with assimilating them.

Especially as my idea wasn't exactly freshly original either -- although I did come up with the names. So if you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you came up with something else -- or you know, you can credit me. ;]
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:48 pm

Please. ;] Crediting would be nice. Razz
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:31 am

So... From what you're saying is that you rather have me credit the idea to you and keep it that way? Well, duh, I will. I don't forget to say who inspired me or gave me ideas. I never forget.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:08 pm

No, I was just saying that IF you decide to keep the names, credit me. Whether you want to or not, is your choice.

Then again, there's alot of similarities -- can you list all the things that were inspired by Obsolete?

Can you credit now?
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:25 pm

Okay. I'll change it. How is it similiar? Can you point them out, because I think its only the Obsolete part that was inspired. At first when I heard about Obsolete, I got interested. So, I went looking up in the dictionary for something in that area that I could use. Thus Obscure came into being. Actually, I was looking up what Obsolete meant. --; It was only pure luck, I came across Obscure. Obsolete, was a placeholder name for the followers of Obscure, until I thought of something better. But they really don't appear much in this story. Possibly the second book they'll get more parts and such.

Some parts may look similiar, but the more you read, and I'm finding this myself. It way different than my original idea. Eh, now that I think of it now. It was quite LAME.... D:

I'll look into the changing names part. But if there's anything else that needs to be pointed out. Please tell me before I get too attached to the names. Okay?

Not much was really inspired by Obsolete, but that could just be me thinking that. If you see others, please tell me. I like to know, by since I've built on the ideas, it's kind of hard for me to tell which was which. But I'm sure only the Obsolete names was the inspirational part. Then again, I'm not really quite sure...
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Quote :
About that, well, I wanted it too be mysterious-like. Hence Obscure, then the foot soldiers and the followers and such became Obsoletes (sorry, it was inspirational for me.

You have soldiers? And stuff? DDD:
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:15 am

Quote :
They almost solely control the government now, using them as puppets. Since the disappearances of the inhabitants of cities, towns, villages, ports and so on, the government has almost completely lost the nerve. Police, army, navy, even the FBI and special armed forces from each country have begun to lose the will. Obscure members are slowly becoming the army, police, navy and special forces now. Yet, they still exist, Humans, ones that are oblivious to what is really happening.

The most feared agents of Obscure are and always will be the Obsoletes. Soldiers created to do only Obscure’s bidding. Their agendas are carefully hidden. They are the elite agents of Obscure. Obscure members are not ones to anger. Terrible thing I have heard. I’ve heard of terrible things about them. Rumours such as they may seem nice but merciless in battle against their enemies, only selected few are picked to be highly respected and obeyed amongst them.

I thought that sounded like... exactly like mine. :S
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:37 pm

*laughs*

Well, actually they work in a different way. I could explain it right here and now, but it will be explained in the story. It's quite long really. ^^; There's actually a person who explains most things, meaning lots of flashbacks. But he'll explain most of the past of certain characters.

Obscure is actually divided into several different uhh... 'levels' I guess you could say. I'm still working on that, but one way to put into perpective would be they're highly advanced army people. The whole process it very difficult to explain right here, unless you what me to bring out a huge long drawn out explaination on the part.

If you can wait, you'll read about in either part two and three of ELECTUS. Although it might be awhile until then. No, I'm quite sure.

Perhaps this may explain a bit of things, what Jaden is talking about is what happen when she got involved, of course she left things out. I had to, otherwise we'll never get to the story. And she'll summarize the whole first book. I wanted to have it so that readers wanted to find out the whole mess between Obscure and Mavericks, with the 'Neutrals' , in which she left out being her side that stuck in the middle of the whole hidden war thingy.
Back to top Go down
Dark S3cret
Admin
Dark S3cret

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Forgive me if I sound really crass during the following, but I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say:

Megan, I realize it's not exactly the same, obviously the Obsolete in your story have a different function that that in mine.

All that said, I don't remember there being highly advanced army people in your original plot, and whatver the reason is, Obsolete and the concept of super soldiers was definitely mine.

My point: whether or not you took the general idea and elaborated it and twisted it so it would suit your purposes remains indefinite, as you say you aren't sure what else you did take asides from the names.

So two choices, credit me, or change it so it doesn't have quite so many blatant similarities.
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Shocked Whoa~! O.O

That's what you meant....? Oopies! Embarassed

Well, then I'll get to work on finding a name. I've been looking for another name ever since. I wasn't planning it to be Obsoletes ever. I've been looking eversince I thought of them. I never meant for them to be assiocated with anything of ours, Angela. And they ain't supersoldiers of any sort.

They're mere humans like you and me, called Naturals (Actually I think I'm still working on that name too), where they are footsoldiers and scouts of some sort. The real force comes from the Mavericks/Psyche-users that are under their control. Kind of like extreme disapline. (I know I mispelt that).

Plus, when I wrote the prologue, orinally it was quite vague. It is not complete yet. It's to give an idea of some sort for what may come out of the story. :/

Does that makes any sense? I ain't using Obsoletes really. It's just a placeholder name for them otherwise what could I call them? The Nobodies? The Blanks? Hmmm? Neutral I don't mean to sound like an annoying damn wench or anything of the sort, I'm trying to explain and figure out my story. I still don't know where its all going. Heck, it's unstable! Unless you have an idea, let me find it on my own. I have been looking ever since January. I still have found the 'right' name yet, so please be patient! pale

Sorry, if I sound really jerkish and such. Mad But it feels like you're accusing me of a crime or such. Makes me edgy.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Traverse Writer

Traverse Writer

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Dark S3cret wrote:
Nah. I guess it's okay. I'm sort of flattered.

Just... I suppose there is a line to be drawn -- where inspiration becomes too muddled with actually stealing ideas. There's nothing wrong with being open to new ideas, you just have to be careful with assimilating them.

Especially as my idea wasn't exactly freshly original either -- although I did come up with the names. So if you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you came up with something else -- or you know, you can credit me. ;]

Hmmm? About this part:

*puts it into bold*

What do you mean about that? Just asking.

And I know theres a line somewhere, but to me, I don't think I've crossed it...yet. I think. I wouldn't really know. But hate to be called a copycat. My brother always labels me as one, and this is the first story that he hasn't labelled me as one. Which I believe is a good thing, I hope. He actually likes it as well as my other relatives.

It just all so exhasting for me really. This topic we're talking about. I'm really am trying to fix every problem I come across. pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue   ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue Empty

Back to top Go down

ELECTUS (Chosen) - Prologue
Page 1 of 1