Share | 

Keeper of Worlds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarabi

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Keeper of Worlds   Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:40 am

Gaia searched the gathered entities for sympathy of any kind, a kindred spirit, as one of her children had put it. There was none. She could only sense heavy sadness and disapproval from those who had called themselves her kin, her equals.

Gaia, dost thou know the reason thou hast been called to this Court of Worlds?

Gaia faced her judge. The Keeper had taken the form of Gaia’s most treasured creation, as was custom for a hearing of this magnitude.

“My people no longer speak so archaically, Keeper.” At this cheek, her watching siblings gasped and whispered among themselves with disdain. She could hear the same sentences, said in many dialects from all corners of her world, and others Gaia had not bothered to learn, from worlds not her own.

“How could she speak like that to the keeper, of all beings?”

“I can’t believe one of her planets is facing its third apocalypse.”

“No wonder she’s on trial-”

Silence. I shall hold no impudence from any of thee. Thy Earth, as thou hast named it, is this very moment in grievous danger from thy progeny, thy petulant humanity. What hast thou to say in thy defence?

“Keeper, my humans are only trying to better themselves. If you would let them run their course, in time they will repair the planet earth, and return her bounty. Give them but a thousand of their years.” Gaia flashed the keeper a brilliant smile, one that had saved her from messes far worse than this.

This is the third instance in which thou hast begged time of me. Twice I have given it, and twice you have failed. Thy three attempts to overthrow the balance have only worsened the state of life on thy Earth. Thou madest an error in giving humanity the flame, and now all the others on thy Earth are suffering for it.

Gaia grew pale through this speech. Maybe there was nothing worse than this. Her second chances had run out. If only there was some way to convince the keeper to not destroy her beautiful humans. “Keeper, I beg of you. My people can change their planet. I’ll take away their technology, I’ll reduce their state of evolution, anything, only please allow me to save my people.” On her knees now, the whispers were even louder, their sneers echoing in space.

And what of thy other creations, thy kingdoms of animal, plant, fungi, protist and monera? Are they not also thy people? Hast they no right to live as well? Thy humans have destroyed them in numbers that thou cannot count. Hast thou not felt their connection to thee wither and die as they have died? Or hast thou cast off all but thy humanity, now that thy dream of a ruling species is realized?

She was now gasping for air, which she had never needed before. Her siblings, having sensed the Keeper’s displeasure, were taking this from her. They were absorbing her life force into themselves, killing her and taking energy for their own worlds.

Halt thy scavenging. Thy sister may be finished, but her world is not to be destroyed. What balance would there be if we were but seventeen score and eight? The Keeper turned to face her children, having reached a decision. Gaia, thy people the humans are finished. Their apocalypse approaches, flying on the dawn of a new time for your world. Choose one from thy precious Earth, and we will teach them to build anew. Then will thy life be given unto this being, and we will welcome a new entity into our midst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Worlds   Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:46 am

Whoops. Completely forgot to un-italicize that sentence where the Keeper turns in the last paragraph. Sorry if that made anyone go Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark S3cret
Admin

Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Worlds   Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:58 pm

I LIKE THIS.
I'm particularly partial towards stories with trials and apocalypses. I mean, both can be extremely hackneyed, but this is cooool.

Short, but powerful. I wonder what would become of this if you continued it?
I also really like the title, it's alluring.
Your skill with prose is kinda awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Worlds   Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks Very Happy
I might continue this with her "chosen one" as the main character study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark S3cret
Admin

Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Worlds   Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:18 pm

That would be exciting. Very Happy Let me know when you do write it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traverse Writer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Worlds   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Oooh~! This is just AWESOME!

I like the apocalypic theme. Very Happy It really well done. I don't see anything out of place or anything (sorry Angela I don't got any critizism for people today it seems)

Yes please continue! :O Like THAT would be TOTALLY AWESOME!! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Worlds   Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

I think my new main character will have a lot to live up to now... Sad I almost feel sorry for them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Worlds   

Back to top Go down

Keeper of Worlds
Page 1 of 1