Share | 

Sylvia Farthing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarabi

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Sylvia Farthing   Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:18 pm

This is the happier piece I've been working on. Most of my stories turn insanely creepy (see Pandora's Box), and I had to destroy another five pages of this because they involved a serial killer. Hopefully I can make this a normal adventure/comedy/romance type-thing. Please comment study

I remember Sylvia Farthing. An honours student, she had a terrible memory and an obsession with anything inhuman and furry. She had a great life, complete with two best-friends-forever and a family that loved her. We didn’t always see eye to eye, but I recall her energy. Sylvia loved life, and saw no reason why hers shouldn’t be perfect.
It’s funny how death changes things. Sylvia loved everything about this imperfect world of ours. Maybe that’s why they took her. I don’t know. Whatever the reason, the day before her eighteenth birthday, Sylvia Rose Farthing ceased to exist. A body was never found. We remember her. I remember my sister.

  
Startled from sleep, I sat up quickly. Too quickly. I hit my head on the low ceiling, which I was constantly forgetting about. Why did I always do that?

“You could just sleep in another form, you know.” A familiarly amused voice from my right pointed out. The voice was right. Any other form and this wouldn’t happen. Cats don’t hit their heads on ceilings, usually. I stuck my tongue out in the general direction of the voice, my eyes still bleary from sleep.

“That’s not very mature.” the voice rang out again, chuckling now. I loved that laugh, the way it always seemed to make me want to laugh too. What he was laughing about didn’t matter. Even now, half asleep,I couldn’t help but laugh at my boyfriend of almost three years.

“Because you’re the model of maturity, right?”

“But of course. It’s part of my charm.”

Finally, my eyes were clear, and I could see his own pale eyes glinting mischievously, just like they always did when he teased me. I wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him tight and burying my face in his shoulder, thinking about everything that made me realise just how much I loved my life right now. Loved life...where had I heard that before? Whatever, I could smell pancakes. I beamed at (he needs a name).

“You made breakfast? I could kiss you for that.” And I did. It was perfect and warm and everything a kiss with your true love should be. True love... We broke apart for air and I wondered vaguely if he was ever going to get me a ring. I had been waiting for him to propose to me for two years. I frowned contemplatively at him, willing him to pull one out of thin air.

“What? You’re giving me the same look you did last week, when we were standing outside that jewellery store.” He was puzzled, like Great. He had no idea. It probably hadn’t even occurred to the jerk that I wanted to get married. I would have to ask (friend’s name) how she’d gotten (Friend’s spouse’s name) to propose. I sniffed.

“Are you all right?” he asked concernedly. “You’re not usually unhappy in the mornings. Maybe you should eat something.” He sat up to get the tray with my pancakes on it. Yum, food. I had almost forgotten how hungry I was. I felt bad for making him worry, but then again, it was his fault. I stored my frustration away. I could let it out later, I thought, as I stuffed a forkful of pancake into my mouth. He was a pretty good cook when it came to pancakes, just good enough to make me forget his other offense temporarily. If he tried to make anything else, though, he would set the house on fire, hence the crappy architecture of our home. We rented, so that the landlord got stuck with the bill whenever (needs a name) attempted to employ our mediocre kitchen.

He was still hovering over me, thinking I was sick.

“You worry like a mother hen. I feel great.” He didn’t seem convinced. Of course he wasn’t. He always knew when there was something bothering me. I don’t know how, but he did.

I need help with the names in this one. if you have any ideas, please reply to my thread in Plot Bunnies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark S3cret
Admin

Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Farthing   Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Sooo. It's still going to be a short story later?
Actually, this would've been awesome with a serial killer.
I like creepy stuff. Very Happy

Your intro blurb is fantastic. Eloquent and reminiscient -- awesome combo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarabi

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Farthing   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:45 pm

I think I need to work on my editing process. There are so many mistakes in this... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Farthing   

Back to top Go down

Sylvia Farthing
Page 1 of 1